What is a Learning Community?
After completing a Seminar (CLC120), students will register for a Learning Community. An FYE Learning Community links multiple courses by weaving together concepts, readings and assignments from each of the courses. This arrangement eliminates the need for "jumping" between different classes that don't appear to relate. One of the courses, a one-credit CLC 130 course, provides space to make these connections and completes your GEM 7 institutionally designated requirement.
Why should you enroll in a Learning Community?
- To develop and practice habits for college success in a friendly, supportive atmosphere.
- To make meaningful connections with faculty and fellow students who will support you as you continue your academic journey.
- To actively engage with your own learning and develop the habits needed to succeed in college and in your future career.
- To connect with campus resources that will help you succeed in your coursework.
- To develop plans to help you to achieve your college and career goals.
Seminar Options for Spring 2024
|Instructor||Master Class||Day and Time||Seminar||Day and Time|
ENGL 102/102P-175 Writing & Rhetoric II
T/TH 9:00-10:15 am
|CLC 130-175||T 10:30-11:20 am|
|Liza Wilcox||ENGL 102-176 Writing & Rhetoric II||T/TH 2:30-3:45 pm||CLC 130-176||T 1:00-1:50 pm|
|Liza Wilcox||ENGL 102-180 Writing & Rhetoric II||M 10:30-11:45 am||CLC 130-180||W 10:30-11:20 am|
|Jo Lien||ENGL 102/102P-181 Writing & Rhetoric II||M/W 2:30-3:45 pm||CLC 130-181||W 1:00-1:50 pm|
|Travis Hagner||POLS 275-182 State & Local Government||W 10:30-11:45 am||CLC 130-182||W 12:00-12:50 pm|
|Geoff Carr||COMJ 140-185 Mass Media in a Free Society||T/TH 1:00-2:15 pm||CLC 130-185||TH 2:30-3:20 pm|
|Jo Lien||ENGL 102/102P-270 Writing & Rhetoric II||Online||CLC 130-270||TH 10:30-11:20 am (Online Lecture)|
|Richelle Sepulveda||PSYC 101-271 Intro to Psychology||Online||CLC 130-271||Online|