Request accessible format

The accessibility of is extremely important to us! If you encounter any barriers and need assistance, please contact

Head Start

North Idaho College Head Start is a school-readiness program that provides education and support for young children and their families.

  • Free program for eligible families.
  • For children ages 3 or 4 before Sept. 1.
  • Now accepting applications at Head Start centers located throughout North Idaho.

Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) benefit recipients are now automatically eligible for Head Start services. To register, submit your Head Start application today.

Apply to Register Your Child

Head Start Employment

We are looking to hire qualified people who are passionate about children and early childhood education. Head Start is now hiring:

  • Classroom Teachers
  • Assistant Teachers
  • Classroom Aides

Apply for a Head Start Job


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency(State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, compete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (AD-3027) found online at, and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

1)  mail:  US Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410

2)  fax: (202) 690-7442; or

3)  email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.   


Request accessible format

If you need help with this information, please email us, or call 208-769-3300.

Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Accessibility Guildelines